BEAN AND CORN CASSEROLE
1 can Black Beans (low sodium preferred)
1 can Corn (low sodium preferred)
1/4 cup Salsa
3 TBL Taco Seasoning
1-2 Chicken Breasts (or 1 can chicken)
1 can Diced Tomatoes (optional)
1. Place chicken breast (frozen or thawed) into a pan with 1 cup of water. Allow chicken to fully cook (reaching 165 degrees throughout). Shred the chicken with a fork and set aside. (if using canned chicken skip this step!)
2. Next drain and rinse the beans.
3. Place all ingredients (including COOKED shredded chicken) into a large sauce pan. Add 2 cups of water to the pan and bring to boil. Let boil for 10-15 min, stirring occasionally.
4. Next turn the heat down to medium-low heat cover and simmer for additional 10 min. (if needed add more water, you want most the water to evaporate out, but a little water is needed to keep from burning)
5. Next, put in casserole dish top with crushed tortilla chips and some shredded cheese, Bake 350 degrees for 15 min.
THIS RECIPE FILLS 4/5 OF THE FOOD GROUPS!!! Add a side of fruit (or enjoy a healthy fruit recipe for dessert) and you have a MY PLATE approved meal!
Post a Comment