Love this recipe! Especially in the fall when my mother-in-law loads my fridge with zucchini from her garden. You can use 1 big zucchini or several little ones. I go these from Honey's Market in the produce section.Start by washing the zucchinis and cutting the stems off. Slice them in half and use a spoon to hallow out the center.
Brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on bbq or George Foreman Grill.
Flip half way. Cook until desired softness. (approx 10-12 min) While the zucchini is grilling I work on the filling: Brown 1 lb ground meat (drain any excess fat), add 8 oz cream cheese, desired seasoning and stir until cream cheese is melted and evenly distributed. Fill the grill zucchini and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Preheat over to 350 and bake until cheese is melted.
1 lb Ground Meat (hamburger, ground turkey or ground venison)
8 oz Cream Cheese (1 brick)
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
grated Parmesan cheese (for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash zucchini, cut off stems and cut in half (longways). Use spoon to hollow out the center of the zucchini halves, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill on bbq, or George Foreman grill (this is what I used) cook for approx 10 min (flipping halfway through) until fork easily pierces flesh. While zucchini is grilling I work on the filling.
4. Brown ground meat (drain any residual fat from meat) add cream cheese and spices and stir until cream cheese is melted and evenly distributed.
5. Fill zucchini and top with grated Parmesan cheese (any kind of shredded cheese would work).
6. Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted and begins to brown (approx 10-12 min)
Remove from oven and enjoy!! Side not...I like to serve a side of toasted french bread.
Post a Comment