These are one of my family's favorite snacks at the moment. My 3 year old said they taste better than cookies! I back him up on that one. 😊 They are easy, healthy and a great protein / fiber boost! Give them a try.Simple 5 ingredients. If you don't have flaxseed on hand you can also use Bran Flakes (cereal). Another substitute you could use, is ground up oats. (**To grind up, just put the whole flaxseeds OR Bran Cereal OR extra oats into a blender or food processor and pulse a few times until product resembles a powder)
Place all 5 ingredients into a bowl and mix...
Product will be rather stiff, avoid heating, this will take longer for them to set.
Scoop into Tablespoon size balls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet, place in freezer for 15-20 min until energy balls are set. Then remove and enjoy! Store remaining balls in an airtight container and room temperature. ENJOY!
OATMEAL ENERGY BITES
1 Cup Oatmeal
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (or any other nut butter)
1/2 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Ground Flaxseed OR Bran Cereal OR additional oats
1/4 Cup Honey
1. Grind up Flaxseed OR Bran Cereal OR additional oats by placing in blender or food processor and pulse until product resembles flour like texture.
2. Place all 5 ingredients into a bowl and mix until well incorporated
3. Scoop dough into TBL size balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
4. Place in the freezer for 15-20 min until set,
5. Store any remaining balls in an airtight container at room temp or in the fridge.
Post a Comment