Friday, June 2, 2017

Apply for SNAP

Food Stamps (SNAP Food Benefits)

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a federally-funded benefit program formerly known as "food stamps."
The benefits you'll get from SNAP are loaded onto an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, similar to a credit or debit card.

How to Get Food Benefits

  1. Eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, gather information showing your income, rent or mortgage, utility bills, child support, daycare expenses, medical bills, Supplement Security  Income (SSI), and Social Security or VA payments. You will need this information as part of the process qualifying for your state's food benefit program. 
  2. ApplicationFind Utah's online application HERE You'll find local office addresses and phone numbers in the same place. You can also apply in person at a state or local office.
  3. Receive your card. If your state determines that you qualify for food benefits, they will send you an EBT card.
  4. Manage your benefits. Access food benefits at your local SNAP retailers HERE . You can use the card at a cash register like a credit or debit card to pay for food.
  5. Purchase food items.You can use the card to purchase eligable food items  at local retailers like grocery stores and at some farmer's markets.
SNAP is a great program to get help providing food for your family. Here is info for the Kanab UT DWS facility, to get more information or questions on the application process: 

                HOURS: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm

468 East 300 South              Phone: (866) 435-7414
Kanab, UT 84741                  Fax: (435) 644-8914

No comments:

Post a Comment