CHICKEN PASTA PARMESAN SKILLET (ONLY 6 INGREDIENTS!)
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing (not the creamy kind) fat free preferred
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 pkg (16 ounces) rigatoni pasta small/medium sized
- 1 (24-ounce jar) Marinara pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Heat chicken and Italian dressing in a large pan over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until browned and just cooked through, (about 5 minutes depending on thickness of chicken).
- Add the box of pasta and the entire jar of marinara to the pan. Fill the empty marinara jar with water and add to the skillet. If using a stockpot, use 2 cups water. Lightly stir the mixture to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Cover with grated parmesan and then shredded mozzarella. No need to stir. Continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes or until cheese is fully melted. You can also broil the entire skillet for about 4 minutes to make the cheese extra melty!
- Top with chopped basil (optional) and serve! Enjoy!
- ***The pasta in the middle of the skillet and underneath will be more tender than the outside pasta. It's okay if those pieces are a bit toastier and less soft. The inside will be plenty soft.
Post a Comment