This Tex-Mex chicken recipe is bound to become a new family favorite! It is fresh, zesty and satisfying.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
with Avocado Salsa
- 1.5 lb. boneless chicken breast
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 avocados, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, add ¼ cup of lime juice, olive oil, ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, ground cumin, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Whisk until mixed.
- Add chicken and marinade in a large ziplock bag. Let chicken marinade for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees). Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink, and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove and let sit.
- To make the avocado salsa: add avocado, ½ cup fresh cilantro, 3 tablespoons lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic clove, and salt in a small bowl. Gently toss to mix.
- Top Cilantro Lime Chicken with fresh Avocado Salsa. ENJOY!!!
Post a Comment