PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI CHICKENIngredients:
-1 lb Chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
-2 TBL Corn starch
-1/2 tsp Salt
-1/2 tsp Pepper
-1 lb Fresh Pineapple, cut into bitesize pieces
-1 lg Onion
-1 bell pepper
-1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce (low-sodium preferred)
-1 cup Chicken broth
-1/4 cup Brown sugar (packed)
-3 cloves Garlic
1. In a bowl, combine the corn starch, salt and pepper. Add the pieces of chicken and toss to coat evenly on all sides;
2. Heat a few TBL of your choice of cooking fat in a large skillet on high heat. When the pan is nice and hot, add the chicken and cook until golden on all sides, about 5 min.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce: combine all the ingredients together and whisk until well combined. As soon as the chicken is cooked to your liking, add the onions and bell peppers, stir and cook for 3-5 min, until slightly softened.
4. Add the pineapple, pour the sauce in, stir well and simmer for a min or two, until the sauce is thickened and pineapple is warmed all the way through.
5. Serve immediately on top of noodles or brown rice. ENJOY!!
Post a Comment