This is an EASY flavorful dinner your family will love! Includes 4/5 of the MyPlate food groups, and ingredients are on sale at our local grocery stores (until March 13).
Skinny One Pot Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 3 TBL Butter (divided)
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3 3/4 cup Chicken Broth (Low-Sodium preferred)
- 2 1/2 cup Milk (more if needed)
- 1 lb. Whole Wheat Pasta (linguini or other)
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups Broccoli
- 1 tsp Basil (dried or fresh)
- 2/3 c Parmesan Cheese
1. Season chicken with Italian seasoning (or other seasoning as desired). Saute chicken in large skillet (or large stock pot) until it is cooked through (165 degrees), remove from pan and cover.
2. Heat 2 TBL butter over medium heat, add garlic and cook for about a min.
3. Add chicken broth, milk, remaining butter, pasta, and seasonings. Bring to a boil and stir occasionally. Once boiling reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
4. Add broccoli, continue to cook (stirring occasionally) for 6-10 more min until pasta is cooked through.
5. Stir in Parmesan and cooked chicken, and enjoy!
(add more milk if thinner consistency is desired.)