Summer time is a prime time for fresh produce recipes. Check out this recipe that is bursting with fresh colorful veggies, packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Fresh Corn Tomato Fettuccini
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Fettuccine
- 2 medium ears corn, husks removed OR 1 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions chopped (optional)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheese (parmesan or feta or other)
- 2 TBL fresh parsley
1- In a large pot cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding (uncooked) corn during the last 8 minutes of cooking.
2- Meanwhile in a small skillet, heat 2 tsp oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and green onions, cook and stir until tender
3- Drain pasta and corn, add tomatoes, salt, pepper, 2 TBL olive oil and the pepper mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Yields: 4 servings
2 cups: 422 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 10g fiber), 17g protein.