Are you guilty of underutilizing baking soda?? Baking soda is one of the most useful substances in your home.
Baking soda is a mild alkali (aka: low acid content), which makes it an effective cleaning agent for dirt and grease. Causing them to dissolve easily in water. It is also a pure, natural product that is used in food and non-toxic, unlike many other household cleaners, which makes it a safer option to use around your home.
Here are a few tips to utilize baking soda in your home today!
- FRESHEN UPHOLSTERY & CARPETS: deodorize your upholstery and carpets by sprinkling baking soda and allowing to sit for 15 min, then vacuum up. ***for tougher oder allow to sit over night.
- CLEAN TILE, GROUT & COUNTERTOPS: A mixture of baking soda and water will remove dirt from a tiled surface or countertop without scratching it. Scrub with a brush or rag, allow to sit and wipe clean.
- CLEAN & SHINE COOKWARE: Make a paste of baking soda and water and cover the pan. Let sit for 10 min or overnight for stubborn messes, then rinse clean.
- CUT THROUGH GREASE: Cut through grease on your kitchen cabinets, back splash or other surfaces by sprinkling baking soda on a damp sponge and scrubbing.
- UNCLOG A DRAIN: Pour 1/2 cup baking soda into the drain and follow with a cup of vinegar. (It will fizz and make noises as the 2 solutions react.) Let it sit for 10-15 minutes, rinse with very hot water.
Post a Comment