Exercise can improve your health and reduce the risk of developing several types of chronic diseases, like: type 2 diabetes, cancer and heart disease. Incorporating a daily fitness routine into your schedule can have immediate and long-term health benefits, such as: decreasing stress and depression, and increasing energy and wellbeing.
Exercising does not have to be elaborate. It doesn't have to cost money or require certain materials. Choose activities that you can enjoy and do regularly. Aim for at least 10 min of consecutive exercise when making your plan for optimal results. Set a realistic goal and get started! Consider some of these simple exercise regimens to start you on your journey to better health.
- Recruit a walking buddy in your neighborhood.
- Push your child in a stroller
- Bike ride with your family.
- Walk up and down the soccer field during a game
- Walk the dog
- Clean the house or wash the car
- Walk and cycle more, drive less
- Play outside with your kids, race, rake leaves or jump rope
- Exercise to a YouTube workout video (FREE)
- Turn on your favorite music and dance
- Park at the back of the parking lot and walk
- Take the stairs
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10-min walk.
- Walk, jog, skate or cycle
- Swim or do water aerobics
- Take a fitness class
- Golf, walk the course
- Canoe, row or kayak at the reservoir.
- Get our of the house, take a nature walk
Exercise does not mean unattainable goals and disappointment. Find something you enjoy and set realistic goals. Overwhelming your body will increase your risk to not follow through. Be nice to yourself! Make an effort and watch the enjoy the results that follow!
Post a Comment