Many people blame time. Who has enough of it? It is common to feel over burdened by the thought of another time commitment.
Exercise can feel overwhelming, but it does not have to. No choice is too small. Simple changes can work together to make a lasting impact. Here are some simple suggestions to bump up your physical activity with little to no time restraints.
Studies show that when a new habit is anchored to an existing habit it is significantly more likely to be successful! Give one of these a try!
- Do calf raises WHILE brushing your teeth.
- Do squats WHILE waiting for the microwave or oven to finish cooking.
- Run stairs DURING commercials breaks.
- Balance on 1 foot WHILE doing the dishes
- Do high knees/butt kicks or jog WHILE vacuuming.
Other great options to boost your physical activity:
- Recruit a friend(s) and form a walking group.
- Attend FREE community exercise classes, CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.
- Go for a walk INSTEAD of snacking when your feeling bored
- Get the family involved!
- family bike rides, walks or friendly sports game
- Walk the dog.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Ride your bike, drive less.
- Stretch while watching TV.
- Plant and maintain a garden.
- Do a FREE online exercise videos.
These may seem simple, but they will help you on your journey to a healthier, more rewarding lifestyle! Start small. Be realistic. Make changes!
Post a Comment