Zucchini provides many recommended daily nutrients and several health benefits!
1 cup of zucchini provides:
- Calories: 17
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: less than 1 gram
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 40% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 8% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 5% of the RDI
Not to mention small amounts of iron, calcium, zinc and several B vitamins. A.K.A. ALOT of good nutrients with hardly any calories! These nutrients lead to health benefits such as: reduced blood sugar, improved digestion, increased energy, and increased eye health.
With all these nutritional benefits it's no wonder zucchini claims "superfood"status!
Here are some simple, tasty recipes to incorporate into your monthly menu, when your zucchini go-to's have run their course.
1) Zucchini Crisps: Click here for Recipe
2) Zucchini Boats: Click here for Recipe
3) Parmesan Zucchini "Zoodles": Click here for Recipe
4) Parmesan Zucchini: Click here for Recipe
Try substituting zucchini into your favorite meals:
Spinach Parm Zoodles Click here for Recipe
6) Substitute Zucchini Slices for Tortillas:
Zucchini Enchiladas Click here for Recipe
3) Substitute Thin Zucchini Slices for Lettuce:
Zucchini Fresh Salad Click here for Recipe
With countless ways to incorporate zucchini into your monthly menu, take advantage of grocery sales or your garden produce today!