Zucchini is packed with minerals and nutrients which benefit your eyes, skin, heart and protect your body against certain types of cancers. It also contains both soluble and insoluble fibers which aids in healthy digestion. Eating zucchini may lower blood sugar levels, aid in weight loss and improve heart health.
Consider ways to incorporate zucchini into your weekly menu. Here is a great recipe to both dress up and/or disguise zucchini (for your pickiest eaters) at your next family snack or quick dinner gathering.
Zucchini Pizza Wheels
- 1 Large Zucchini (or 2 small)
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
- Basil Leaves
1) Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F.
2) Slice the zucchini into 1/2" thick rounds.
3) Lay on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for a few min, then dab with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
4) Spray a large baking sheet then arrange the zucchini in a single layer.
5) Top with a spoonful of sauce and pinch of cheese. Bake for 10-12 min or until the cheese begins to brown.
6) Sprinkle with basil and serve. Enjoy!
Post a Comment